CORPORATECapgemini India offices powered 100% with renewable energy

Capgemini India offices powered 100% with renewable energy

Capgemini India said on Wednesday that its facilities in India are now powered entirely by renewable energy (RE), marking a new milestone in sustainability. This saves the corporation about 70,000 tonnes of CO2 emissions every year. The company achieved 100% renewable energy through onsite renewable energy generation, off site renewable energy acquisition via power purchase agreements, and green power purchasing via utility programmes, all of which contributed to 83% renewable energy. The remaining 17% comes from renewable energy credits.

The company has installed a state-of-the-art ‘Battery Energy Storage Solution’ (BESS) with a capacity of 2.5 MWh in the Noida campus and 3.5 MWh in the Mumbai campus as part of its decarbonization initiative. “The solution enables Capgemini India to store excess renewable energy generated by solar plants during the day and use it during peak hours in the evening.” This, in turn, considerably reduces greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from peaker power plants while also lowering energy costs, carbon footprint, and grid stress during peak hours’, according to the company.

Capgemini India

“Through the use of innovative technology such as Battery Energy Storage Solutions and intelligent Energy Management Systems, we can clearly see a path towards transforming and decarbonizing the energy industry through technology.” “We will continue to leverage technology to drive meaningful impact and help nurture a sustainable tomorrow, making our communities future-ready,” says Ashwin Yardi, CEO of Capgemini India.

Capgemini promises to be one of the first firms in the world to have its net zero targets approved according to SBTi’s (Science Based Target Initiatives) new net-zero standard in July 2022, including attaining a 90% reduction in total carbon emissions across scope 1, 2, and 3 by 2040.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:


You may also like

MakeMyTrip partners with Tourism Ministry to showcase India’s 600-plus offbeat destinations

On Sunday, MakeMyTrip announced a partnership with the Ministry...

ConfirmTkt Empowers Accessibility and Care with Donation of 88 Wheelchairs at Secunderabad Railway Station

ConfirmTkt, India’s online train discovery and booking platform, confirms...

REC Limited organized ‘Bijli Utsav’

REC Limited staged the “Bijli Utsav” in Odha village,...

ONGC signed a game-changing MoU with SJVN Limited

ONGC signed a game-changing MoU with SJVN Limited on...